Monday, November 16, 2009

"Three in November!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

When people ask me how old I am now, I'm going to have an adjustment to make. Up until about a month or two ago, I would answer "2 1/2". But lately, I've said "three in November" when asked about my age. Today...I turned 3 years old. Mommy and Daddy really cannot believe it!

Daddy and Mommy decorated the house last night. Daddy had to leave early for work and when I woke up at 5:30, Mommy crawled into bed with me and I slept a record long sleep...we got up at 8:15!!! When I walked downstairs, I gasped at the decorations and said "you SURPRISED me!" I was so excited.

I wanted to go to the zoo, so Mommy happily packed us up! Mommy and I had the greatest time alone there. She had a hard time walking because she ran a marathon on Saturday, but really thought a forced walk would help. (It didn't.) My big request was to see the sharks which really proves I'm growing up. Sharks used to be one of my dislikes at the zoo. Anyhow, we spent tons of time in the buildings and had fun looking at the fishes and the monkeys. We caught the tram on the way down and ate a hot pretzel. We had lots of fun snuggling up - taking our time and singing 'happy birthday' a lot.

Mommy told me that I used to live in her tummy ... and that I even slept in there! Today, I stuffed a shark down my shirt and said, 'hey look Mom! i have a baby in my tummy.' Mommy took a few more minutes to explain it to me. I still don't get it. (Don't worry - she sure didn't say much. She told me Daddy will have lots to explain to me someday...but definitely not anytime soon.)

After the zoo and an afternoon of fun at home, Daddy came home from work. We had a super family dinner then ate some sweet treats for my birthday. We wore silly birthday hats and got sick on sweet stuff. Mmmmm!

We played a few games together on the floor then I was OUT like a light before my normal bedtime. What a day!

Check back soon for a recap of the past few weeks. It's been awhile!
Love, TJ-3

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP