Friday, June 13, 2014

my hero

Yesterday was a particularly hectic day and I was icing Drew's head on the front stoop because he got a bump. TJ ran inside to grab his subtraction workbook. He was taking longer than I expected so I leaned back into the screen and called to make sure he was still coming back outside. Two minutes later, TJ pushed through the front door with a plate. He had made dinner for two! I almost fell over. There were two yogurts with two spoons, two matching string cheeses and a pile of crackers "to share". Best dinner I ever ate. My little darling saved the day. Again.

TJ's quote of the night: I can't wait to be a dad. That means I'll have to get married (his worst, latest fear) but it'll be worth it. (Pause. I can see the gears turning in his head.) We'll be a young couple.

TJ's quote of the morning: It's always better to get in trouble with someone else (than by yourself). Coming from the boy who hardly gets in trouble...by himself let along with someone else. Ha!




0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP