Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Polar Express

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo, Whistle Blowin' WooWoo!

We went to the Polar Express on Saturday night and I got to wear my pajamas! It was an incredible trip. I've been skipping my naps lately (much to Mommy's and Daddy's dismay), but I get really tired and cranky around dinnertime. Well, Saturday evening we were driving to the Polar Express about that time and I just up and fell asleep in the car. I'm good at that lately. Anyhow, Mommy and Daddy peeked back at me and saw that I was sleeping - and they laughed.

When we got to the railway, they let me sleep in the car for a bit more. Daddy scooped me out of my carseat and we took pictures underneath the Polar Express sign. Lots of my family members came along and Nonny treated!
I got to meet Mr. Conductor as I boarded the train. We all found our seats and had about an hour to wait before the trip started. So...we went potty a few times, Daddy bought some popcorn in the refreshment car, Uncle Ben bought me a train, and we just hung out all excited to be there. Oh yeah, did I mention that there were elves and Santa's helpers on the train the whole time? Welp, there were!
When the train started chugging along, the main elf-lady (Bev) read us the Polar Express. Her little helpers showed some props and did sound effects. I listened like a very good boy. Then we got hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm! I sat in my very own seat and then jumped around a bit.

A bit later, we reached....THE NORTH POLE! Yep, I jumped onto Mommy's lap and my sweet, sweaty face was pressed against the steamy window for 15 minutes as we looked at the reindeer, lights, Frosty, elves and SANTA!!!!!!!! The joy in me lit up my little face and I know Nonny got a good look at it from where she was sitting. I cried out that I wanted to hug Frosty. For some reason, he was my favorite. Well, the train started to go back but I couldn't see Santa on the way back. I was a little disappointed.
The elf-lady said the kids should have a pajama parade - so we did! I marched up and down the aisle in my pj's with the other kids and then, ALL OF A SUDDEN, Santa came onto our car! He did! I got very curious and had to wait my turn. Check out these pictures. They say it all.

Finally, when it was my turn, I couldn't think of a thing to say. I just smiled bright and said I wanted a car for Christmas. I gave Santa a huge hug and we didn't get a very good picture of it. My Mom and Dad were sad about that. But, we'll always have that memory!

Santa and my Nonny got a good pic though. Check this one out!
I got antsy and crabby on the ride back...and it was pretty hot on that train, so it won't surprise you to hear that I slept realllly well when I got home. Thanks, Nonny! We had so much fun!

Merry Christmas, Every One!

Love, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP