Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Heaven

TJ goes to a Sunday school class, we talk about God, and we pray before dinner. If Tim and I forget, TJ definitely reminds us and he typically says the same prayer each night.

                  "Thank you Jesus, for this good day. And for my family. And for running. Amen."

Well, this past weekend Tim and I took him to the park where we took turns doing a workout. While I was doing mine, TJ and Tim played soccer and baseball in the field. At one point, TJ hit the ball "high in the sky". The conversation then went as follows:

TJ: "Daddy! I hit it almost up to heaven! (whispers: What is Nonny's friend's name? Oh yeah, Paw Paw.) PawPaw would catch it and throw it back down to me!

Daddy: "That's right, TJ. He would! What would he say to you?"

TJ (Yelling loudly, since PawPaw is in heaven and would therefore be yelling loudly down to TJ): Vank you, TJ! I love it and I love throwing the ball back to you. Have a good day!

Daddy: not sure he had any words after that right away...so darling.

TJ talks about PawPaw a lot. I'm sure he doesn't remember him, but he remembers us talking about him and sees his picture here and there. It's so sweet.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP