Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shelf Life

Today, TJ and I were playing cars on the floor (which we've done nothing BUT for the past several weeks) when he sat up straight and said, "Ah! Mommeeeee! I am SO excited you picked me!" I looked a bit confused, I'm sure. The conversation then progressed as follows:

Wow, TJ, thanks! But what do you mean?
I'm so excited that you picked me off the shelf!
(Eyebrow raised...huh?) What shelf, baby?
In the store! I was standing there like this (stands up straight with arms tight against his sides. eyes shut) thinking you might pull me off the shelf. And you did!
Oh TJ, that is so sweet. Tell me more about that.
You grabbed the box I was in and the buyer (store clerk at cash register) put a sticker on my nose. Then you taked me out of the store and put me in the car. In my carseat. And then Jesus made me talk!!!!!!! I love you!

I tackled him and smothered him with a huge hug. Where on earth did he come up with that? It came out of nowhere in our conversation too. So silly. We were in Marc's yesterday and TJ got a little prize that he wanted to carry...so the lady had to put an orange 'paid' sticker on it. Hmmmm. The inner workings of a child's mind are so interesting!

That's my story! : )

2 comments:

Jen July 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

That is so adorable and, predictably, made me cry!

tjsgrandma July 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Oh my gosh that was too cute & too sweet!!!

Love,
Grandma

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP