Thursday, October 14, 2010

Orange!

Our TJ's hair is orange. No doubt about that and we're not even sure where it came from! Ironically, he is in love with Halloween this year. Even more surprising than that? The boy loves decorations. Anything orange, black bats and monsters, white ghosts and fall scarecrows thrill him. The funniest part about that is that his Daddy is about as far as can be from that interest. Tim is definitely a minimalist in his decor type and I like a handful of decorations for the seasons and holidays. With TJ, however - the more the better! I'm going to have to get myself in gear leading up to the 31st, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If anyone sees cool decs on sale, you know who to call! : )

TJ is really loving school since it started a few weeks back. When I pick him up at the end of the session, he runs to me with his big backpack on and says, "Mom!!! We learned about shapes...or...I know all my senses! Guess what projects I brought home!" It is so much fun watching him learn. Mostly, it's fun watching him LOVE to learn.

I filled out my first permission slip last week and felt weird. Geez, it must mean that TJ is really growing up. And that must mean that I am growing up. Or growing old. Yikes!

2 comments:

Jen October 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

You have to check Marc's Halloween decorations -- I've gotten some really cute ones there for cheap. The kids have turned me into a big holiday decor person because they're so enthusiastic about it!

You guys should come over and we can make play-dough ghosts. You cook them in the microwave so you can keep them for years. The kids like to make ghost families, and pumpkins... I think he'd love it!

TJ's Mom October 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

That would be GREAT! We are play-doh fanatics but I've never heard of microwaving them!

I really appreciate the Marc's advice. We'll go there this weekend!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP