Thursday, March 22, 2012

Joy, Joy, Joy

Forget basketball...having a March with weather consistently hot is total madness and I am loving it up! It is amazing how much the weather can make amazing days even better!


If you don't feel like reading a ridiculously happy and overly lovey blog post, do not continue. I can imagine several of you gagging when you read on...so consider yourselves forewarned. : ) 

I am so in love with my incredible family and am wishing our life could move on in slow motion. Truly, truly. I am loving every moment too much. I'm still giddy over this cozy home and my favorite little things about it. It is magnified by each second of memories we make here. My husband and my son overwhelm me every day with their crazy silliness and true love. I have starlight bursting from my eyeballs and it has everything to do with family. 

I am not saying that we are without worry or sorrow. I wish I could say that. What I am saying is that I appreciate every piece of joy I have right now. And am so very grateful for it. And for those sorrowful times...well, I am not alone. I am definitely not alone.

Tim came home from a trip today and as he read books in TJ's room before bed, I wanted to freeze that moment in time. Twinkly lights hanging in the room, two sweet dudes all snuggled up with me, peeper frogs chirping outside and a warm breeze from the fan making my hair tickle all of our faces. TJ's same comments about the same books over and over...his hair twirling while humming songs he learned in church....and Tim's side glances and chuckles...**sigh**...I just love those moments. I am lucky to have so many. 

TJ, if you are reading this when you are older, I want you to know how proud of you I am. Insanely proud of you. And your heart. I am so lucky to get to be with you...just you and me...so much. And I'm so glad to know you one-on-one better than almost anybody! In lots of ways, you are a normal 5-year old, active and crazy little man. But you are also a genuine sweet soul -- and we can't take credit in raising you that way. You ARE that way. You care about the feelings of others and building them up. You think of other people in a way that I wish I could. And you take care of me. And build me up too. That's a pretty cool thing to say about a 5-year old. 
Your humor is incredible and you make us laugh more with surprise than anything. You are smart. And a good thinker. You love Jesus, you love your family, and you care about people. 

In life, TJ, those things will make you unstoppable. 

I love you like crazy. 

Thank you for the nickel you gave me today. And for your prayers for a brother or sister. And for telling me, "I just love your chubby cheeks." You are my joy, joy, joy.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP