Monday, February 17, 2014

Sweet T

I don't get much one-on-one time with TJ these days. Tim works insane hours and Drew, being a sweet baby, needs a lot of attention. I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever feel sad or guilty about it. But that kid is one amazing 7-year old. His sweetness toward Drew absolutely melts my heart. When Drew is sad, TJ is very concerned and tries to fix it. He tells me to try the pacifier or to check his diaper. He often blames it on teething and tells Drew it'll be okay soon and that he'll need those teeth to eat pizza sometime soon. Ha! And he isn't bothered a bit by any crying (which has really gotten better now that Drew's outgrown his colic! Woohoo!) I'm quite surprised he hasn't been impatient even once. I mean, there are some big changes going on and T is good with all of them!

TJ loves when Drew is happy and screeching or squealing or blowing bubbles. He laughs his head off at Drew and in return, Drew laughs at TJ. He ALWAYS responds to TJ. Always! TJ is very proud of his brother and I am so proud of the both of them. They're a good pair. My sweet boys.

The voices TJ uses when he talks to Drew crack me up too. He gets this high-pitched sing-song lovey dovey voice going that makes me smile and giggle. I'll have to post a picture of TJ's homework the other day. The kids were asked to write who they'd choose to be their vice president if they were president. TJ wrote, "My brother Drew".  I was beaming after I read that. I still am, actually.

So back to my point about not having much alone time with T. Well last night, I crawled into bed and started my taped Olympics from the evening. A thought floated through my mind, wishing T would wake up and come watch a little bit with me. I didn't give it a second thought because he sleeps so soundly and always sleeps through til morning. Not 4 minutes later, the bedroom door creaks and in walks T. I couldn't believe it. He just stood there with his hair standing straight up on one side and his eyes squinting from the light. A second later, we were watching skiing and sliding together. I was so happy for that time with him! He didn't last long before he fell back asleep (during ice dancing, no less) but it made my day.

Oh my heart is so filled up!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP