Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Donut Man



Today, a complete stranger totally gave Mommy and me a terrific surprise! Here's the story. We went to meet Mrs. A at the Spudnut Shop for a donut. It's her first week of retirement and so we wanted to celebrate! : ) Well, halfway through my donut (with chocolate sprinkles, of course) I told Mommy that I had to go pee-pee. There wasn't a public bathroom so Mommy had to ask the girl at the counter if there was a bathroom we could use. She bragged about how good I was at using the potty and didn't want to have an accident!

A few seconds later, we were led to the bathroom in the back. After a successful trip, we washed our hands and came back out...and the donut boss stopped us. He said, "Hey, do you have a few minutes?" Well, over the next 15 minutes, he showed us how he cuts the donut dough, then he plopped circles into the oil like big Cheerios! We watched them turn golden brown, and when they were done, he scooped them out and let ME tell him how much glaze to put on 'em. I kept saying "more" and he laughed and listened to me! Boy, did I feel special! Then he dipped one in Halloween sprinkles and put some warm ones in a bag for us. Can you believe it?

It was such a cool surprise tour of the donut shop and the man was so very nice that it just made my day! I couldn't wait to blog about it. I ate more donut at the table with spinning chairs. The man came back out to see how our warm donuts were and the three of us smiled with our mouths full. Know what he did next? Let me sit at the counter on a spinning stool and turned Elmo on the t.v. for me. Then gave me some dough to run my truck over - again and again.

Thank you, Mr. Donut Man! Your kindness to a little kid will never be forgotten. Plus, I'll tell all of my readers to GO TO THE SPUDNUT SHOP in Berea!

Love, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP