Wednesday, April 25, 2012

losing patience...wanting spring!

We definitely had a great mild winter, but enough already. We want spring! It has been incredibly windy lately and pretty chilly so it was great timing when my mom showed me an article about 
planting indoor veggies with your kids! 

TJ and I decided to try it and planted them yesterday so that we can watch the roots of carrots and radishes growing. It was so much fun to do and we covered the glass jars with black stockings so that the roots aren't "shy". We're supposed to peek at each jar after a specified amount 
of time. We can't wait! 





In other news, the larger of our hermit crabs has gone on to that great sandbar in the sky. Hermie will certainly be missed, but TJ pointed out that at least we still have Wormie. (Please pray that if Wormie has to go too, he holds on a little while longer!) We buried shy Hermie in the front flower bed. Unfortunately for me, he fell out of his shell when I was bending down to put him in the little hole. Have you ever seen a naked hermit crab? Let's just say I nearly peed my pants. They aren't pretty looking creatures. Especially when they're dead and they fall out of their shell - stunning you! Anyhow, TJ excitedly asked if we could put Hermie's shell back in the cage in case Wormie wants to choose it for a new home someday. (Neither of our crabs switched shells during their life at our house. Kind of disappointing.) I agreed that it was a terrific idea. T smiled and then said, "Can you wash it though? I don't want Wormie to get any "dead germs" on him." Oh yeah. I split my sides laughing. Then I cleaned it.

TJ had a great conference on Monday. He's ready for kindergarten. I'm not.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP