Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Go to your HOME!

I'm home! Home! HOME!

We've successfully and completely moved into our new house...which is my home sweet home until I go to college and it feels great. I can't describe the feeling of it - but this whole family is super thrilled ... and relaxed here. We've felt displaced for a long time now, and can finally get back in the groove.

All the packing and moving took its toll on me. For about two weeks, I was in a toddler funk. But yesterday, Mommy declared that I was back. She literally looked at me and said, "there you are TJ!" She missed me. : )

So you want to hear about our perfect day yesterday? The unperfectest part about it was that Daddy wasn't there. He was at work. But as far as Mommy-and-me days go, it was SWEET!

I woke up early - again - and we had warm blueberry waffles. We read lots and lots of books and then watched a healthy dose of Tom & Jerry...then Super Hero Squad. It's amazing how much I've taken to watching Tom bash Jerry on the head and vice versa. And all of this action/drama without talking. It may be violent, but it's quiet violence. Ha! (Was that a confusing sentense or what!?!)

After a nice warm up of a morning, we went to open gym at the rec center. I am absolutely crazy about open gym and I get so excited as we walk in that I'm practically out of breath before I even get my shoes off. Mommy watches me for a bit, then goes up to run on the treadmill before coming back to see me do the clean up songs and the parachute part. Oh gosh, she just beams with pride as she watches me follow directions and LISTEN to the teachers. Amazing! After that, we went to get groceries to fill up our bare cupboards. I like grocery shopping with Mommy...and she likes having me along. A few weeks back, she went at night while I was asleep and Daddy was home with me. Mommy thought it'd be nice to do it without distraction but man, oh man, she missed me!

We unpacked the bags of food, had a yummy lunch and then hit the road on my new bike. I rode to the mailbox two blocks down to mail a few letters and decided to keep going. The weather was so nice that we decided to check out the neighborhood. Well, our planned 20 minute bike ride turned into a 75 minute bike ride over snow drifts and through enormous puddles of dirty melted snow. It was glorious and we had a ball! When we finally rolled up into the driveway, I said "Shew! That was a LONG bike ride!"

I went pantless for quiet time after that. My jeans were soaked and I didn't feel like putting new pants on so I just hung out in my undies for a bit. Mommy did some work while I had quiet time and I was very good about it. Then we did a few errands, had a cheeseburger at McDonald's and then picked Uncle Ben up for a Bible Study we were checking out at Caden's and Lillian's. Us kids had the entire basement to ourselves...9 of us boys and 1 girl, I think. From upstairs, it sounded horrible and Mommy had a hard time sitting still. We knew we couldn't stay long from the start because I have a sorta strict bedtime (especially since I'm trying to get back on track since the move) so we jetted early. Maybe next time...

After that long and wonderful day, I fell asleep like a champ and slept like a zombie. What a fun day to go back to being myself. Love you! Countdown until soccer starts pretty soon. G'nite!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP