Monday, June 8, 2009

Velcro, Bike, Nature Center...Oh my!

Saturday morning was a perfect morning...filled with pancakes, bike rides, and playground time! Mommy got back from her run and Daddy and I met her at the door for our walk to the playground and fields where Mommy used to play soccer. I rode my bike with my feet on the pedals! I'm very proud about that. I won't ride my nice new bike outside yet because I don't want to get it dirty. I only ride it inside. Mommy's trying to break me of that habit. We'll see.

Do you see the red mark on my cheek? We're not totally sure where it came from, but Mommy says it looks like I got in a fight with some velcro...and the velcro won. Anyhow, it's now scabbed over and healing very nicely. I like to have a boo-boo or two at any given time.

Mommy and CC love the back of my neck and Mommy has taken lots of pictures of my neck! : )
I am pretty brave but also cautious at the playground. Daddy helped me do the rings because I wanted to so badly! He's got strong muscles and I like to say so. About myself too.

Auntie Ta-Mewissa (I added a "ta" in there a lot today) came over this morning and we went to the Nature Center. It was pretty drizzly and wet out - and humid too. But we had a great time! We looked at all the cool stuff in the building then walked on the trail outside and threw rocks into the river. We found a turtle and I told him my name, fed him a snack (rocks) and walked him to the water. He's a special guy to me. When I talked about him at dinner, I called him Franklin.
After the park, we went to McDonald's where I got some ice cream. I say ice cream now instead of "i mean". And now I say Uncle instead of "uh" and a few other changes that make Mommy sad but happy too. I was so worn out after our morning that I slept nearly 3 hours. Mommy got a nap (last one before going back to work after a little vacation) and ran AND made dinner all before I woke up. Nice!

At night and at bedtime, we read a series of short books about Woody, the Prospector and Bullseye. I point to all the animals (critters) in the story and say "that one have teef. that one NOT have teef. that one have teef. that one doesn't have teef." It goes on every single time we read it and it's hilarious.

Have fun watching me and Franklin at the Nature Center. Love you guys! TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP