Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Max and Wooby


Don't I look like a baseball player here? At church on Sunday, a lady asked me how old I was and she was surprised to hear me say two. She guessed I was 3! She said I looked like I'd be a good football player someday and Mommy answered, "we're hoping for a left-handed pitcher." The lady laughed and said I should play for the Indians right now! Haha. It was kind of funny and kind of sad. I'm not sure why people keep thinking I'm so big for being two. I'm actually under the average weight (almost 31 lbs). Maybe it's because I'm so smart and so darn cute!

CC had a day off on Monday, so she and Mommy took me to the mall. I GO MALL! I GO MALL! When Mommy asked if I wanted to go to the mall, she was surprised that I got so excited. Thinking that I'd be tired from the long weekend, she thought she'd have to prep me a lot more for the trip. I made it easy on her. I sat nicely in my neon green stroller and let her push me around. We window shopped (half the stores weren't even open at 10:20am) and got CC's glasses fixed.

Then...it happened.
We walked by the Build-a-Bear Workshop and CC asked me if I wanted to make a new friend. She wasn't sure if I'd "get it" but surprise, surprise, I got it alright!!! I ran around like a happy, crazy man and picked out my animal. A doggie!
The nice lady filled him up with fluff and I squeezed him to see if he felt soft enough. Then I picked out a heart...and she had me rub it on my nose so he'd be funny like me. I rubbed it on my head so he'd be smart like me. And, well, a few other things I forget. Then I kissed the heart and put it inside.
Next was BATHTIME! It was really fun to give my doggie an air bath because I felt like I was taking care of him. I was a little shy of the air bath at first, but then "washed" him and brushed him. I talked the whole time too.
It came time to name him. I couldn't think of a name so Mommy came up with some and said "How about Sam? How about Marty? How about..." I said nope to all those. She suggested Max, and my eyes lit up! MAX AND WOOBY! MAX AND WOOBY HIS NAME! One of my favorite shows is Max and Ruby and I wanted that to be my doggie's name. The rest is history!
I had fun typing out MaxAndRuby's birth certificate and put him in his box home. I listened like a very good boy and jumped back into my stroller so Mommy and CC could push me around a little more. Then we went home and Max and Ruby sat on my lap the whole time. Awwww.
At bathtime last night, I came up to Mommy and tapped her leg. "We best friends, Mommy?" Her heart burst. I asked her again and she squeezed me so hard and told me that we were definitely best friends. (I had just seen Dora's Best Friends Day episode) When I got into bed, I jumped up and down a little and said "Best kid in da world! I'm best kid in da world!" Mommy laughed so hard. When Daddy got home, she found out that he had told me that a few hours earlier. A million times. I don't forget much, folks!

G'nite everyone!!! Love, TJ

1 comments:

Uecker Family April 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Awwww...We're taking Kate to Build-a-bear for her birthday! I can't wait, I've always wanted to go there!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP