Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sidewalk Chalk and Wormies

This is gonna be a good one. I'll start with the other morning...I was brushing my "teef" in the sink while Mommy was putting on her makeup. I hopped down from my stool, grabbed her eyelash curler and took off laughing. When she found me, I was lying/laying (whatever!) on the bed and had taken off the two rubber rings. I put them on my tummy and said "Wook Mommy! I a snowman!" Am I creative or what? Mommy tackled me and I'm pretty sure I peed my pants from her tickling me.


Mommy learned a very big lesson yesterday. She was very excited that the library had Ratatouille and we watched some of it last night. Well, I was totally entranced in the movie and watched almost 30 minutes of it. Wow! After we watched the rat cooking, I wanted to cook and said so. We cooked in my play kitchen for awhile and then it was time for bed. After the bedtime routine, Mommy left my room and I shrieked out in fear about 4 minutes later. She came right in because I was actually hysterical. "I see Ratatouille! I see Ratatouille! I sared! I sared!" Oh, and I was scared. Mommy had to sing to me for almost an hour until I would let her go - I had my shark-mouth cry goin' and everything. So, Mommy learned that I'm getting older and my brain is getting more developed and more creative so EVERY SINGLE minute of tv I watch is going to be happy and not scary. No more Disney movies (except Cars) and even no more Peter Pan for awhile. Mommy feels bad that she made me scared...

Hey, guess what!? I have nipples! Actually, I have two nipples! Last night I was rubbing my bewwy (belly) and ran into a nipple. I asked Mommy "what's on my bewwy?" She told me it was my nipple and that I had two! It was exciting to me. I looked at them in the mirror today and laughed.

This morning, Mommy and I went out in our backyard. We haven't been in the backyard much since we moved here, so we decided to do some raking and sweeping and playing on the slide and swing. I climbed up high on the slide and made sure I yelled "I so tall!" to Mommy each time. By the 4th time down, I wasn't scared anymore. In fact, I skipped saying ready, set, go and just went for it.

We took a break from sliding and raking to draw on the driveway. I got sidewalk chalk from Grandma and Grandpa so we broke that out and colored up the cement! Mommy drew me a dinosaur and a sun and wrote some fun words like "worm" and "tj has boogers". I drew some things and talked about what I was doing, but then got distracted by all the squirmy wormies. What'zat? What'zat? We named them all Shermie the Wormie after a Backyardigans episode. Mommy was surprised that I wanted to pick them up and didn't have much of a problem with it until they wriggled around in my hand. I carried them around and then threw them once they tickled me too much. I learned over and over that if you pick up a Shermie the Wormie too tightly, they break in two. Gulp. Mommy felt a little sick after I sent a few worms to heaven. The pretty, chalked-up driveway became a little worm graveyard when I was through.

After my nap and some inside play, Daddy took me outside so Mommy could make dinner and get some work done too. We went to the Metroparks and I got to skip rocks and swing with my strong Daddy. He's my new favorite verse in the song "Wheels Bus Around". More on that later. We had a great time and I got nice and hungry. I ate a great dinner and then went BACK OUTSIDE for a final round of playtime. Daddy and I finished in the backyard while Mommy ran. What a day!

Love, Mr. T

1 comments:

Uecker Family April 4, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Nice to hear you all are finally getting outside some!! Yea!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP