Monday, August 10, 2009

Little Explorers

On Monday, Mommy took me to the Nature Center in the Metroparks for Little Explorers Day: Salute to Snakes! Oh my gosh, we had so much fun. We got there really early so we could look at everything and play first. Mommy wanted to make sure I had my fill of the regular part of the center...before the class started. Then, she got to see me in a classroom setting.
Mommy sat on the chairs with the other parents while the kids sat on the carpet. Below is a picture of me with a "mom-please-don't-embarrass-me-by-taking-pictures" look on my face. She still took pictures.She said it was so fun to watch me sit down, get up, sit down, get up, sit down...and get up. I was just really excited to touch the snake skin, look at the real snakes in their cages, and hold real snake eggs. I learned a lot and was a good listener. The teacher even called on me by name, which really kind of stunned me. I didn't answer her question, but I gave her a big smile. I looked at my mom a lot and went over to her a few times to make sure she saw what was going on. It was pretty sweet.
After we learned stuff, we went on a nature hike to look for snakes. We found some frogs, toads and mud but no snakes. I ran up ahead several times on the walk, and kept yelling "C'mon guys!" to all the other kids and parents. While others were whining about how long the walk was (they were really cute though...sweet whiners, not nagging whiners) I was having fun running and singing my ABC's for the last quarter mile of the hike. We made our own snakes after the hike. My snake's name is....Snake! I bet you already guessed that though; given my track record with naming. I did a great job on my craft.

Look how brave I am! I touched the snake! : )
Look how grown up I am! Sittin' with kids.

Today, Wednesday, Bondi and Poppy took me to the County Fair after my nap. Mommy was at work and Daddy had to go to the Terrace Club and Indians game so it worked out perfectly. I was insanely excited about the petting zoo and was very inquisitive about the "hanging thing" on the goat. I was not very thrilled about the rides and Bondi and Poppy had to take me off two of them because I cried. Silly TJ. I had so much fun with them that we were there a really long, fun time ... and Mommy was missing me badly at home! She scooped me up faster than ever when I got home! Poppy even won me a basketball by doing pull-ups. Not too shabby, Poppy!

A few funny things about me this week:

Using code, Mommy asked Bondi if they were going to take me to DQ. I said "NO MOMMY! Not DQ. It's P-Q-R-S-T-U-V".

Also, reading Okie Dokie, Artichokie, the book says that Marklee made snow monkeys in the winter. Everytime Mommy reads that I shake my head and say, "Not snow monkeys...snow monkey. Just one!" And yep, I'm right. They only show one snow monkey so there shouldn't be an 's' on the end. I'm pretty detail-oriented. Wonder where I get that from?

Love, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP