Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hilton Head Island

I can't even begin to tell you what we did last week on Hilton Head Island. I'll post a bunch of pictures that will start to tell the story...but none of it will do it justice! I went with Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Paul and CC, Uncle Ben and Val, Bondi and Poppy!First and foremost, I was a CHAMP during the long drive down. But Mommy and Daddy made the mistake of telling me we were going to the beach but that it would take awhile. They soon learned that they should've saved the surprise til we were almost there. Oops! I asked them if we were at the beach yet about 70 times...per hour. It was cute though. I never really whined or anything.The tidepools at the beach the first few days were incredible. Deep enough for me to swim like an alligator in, but not so deep that anybody worried about me. I jumped in and played in the water (wearing my "jams" bathing suit with spiderman on it) and a sleeveless shirt, hat and sunglasses. People probably thought I was a celeb since I was all covered up in disguise. But I didn't even get one bit pink or hurt from the sun. Anyway, Daddy made me a sand ramp so my big huge truck would slide down it and flip into the water. A few days later, he worked really hard on a big sand alligator. He actually had quite an audience and not just kids. Mommy loved it!

I begged for a body board because I liked Tyler's so much. He was a fun kid on the beach. Well, once I had my own, I actually did use it! Daddy helped me body surf and I did so great. I swallowed a ton of salt water, lost my glasses a few times but just wiped off my face, laughed, talked a lot about it, then went right back in. I think EVERYONE was surprised at how much I loved the water.The house we stayed in was awesome! It was less than 1/4 mile away from Harbor Town and right across from tennis courts and playgrounds. We went there almost every day. I got to go on a night trolley ride. I sat between Mommy and Daddy. Mommy actually hated it...it made her feel funny in her tummy. But she pretended she liked it for me. I wanted to go again another day and Bondi and Poppy took me this time. We had a great time. Mommy and Daddy got some alone time and had help with me because of the family. That was nice. They got to run together and go gator huntin' on the golf course. Every time they ran together, Mommy said it was her favorite. She likes my Daddy a lot.One day, Bondi and Poppy took me to a horse farm. I got a cowboy hat because I was such a good boy! Here I am riding on a "p-tend horse". It was fun!!!

The trees at Harbor Town were beautiful and fun for climbing. Uncle Paul bought me ice cream there and CC almost beat up a clown because she wouldn't make a balloon animal for me. Long story...but hilarious.I also got to play tennis. At first, I wanted Uncle Ben to teach me. But then I just wanted to do it by myself. That's pretty much how I am now. So I hit the ball by myself while Mommy threw it to me. The girls cheered for the guys while they played against each other. This family is pretty competitive. : )

Well, I'll tell more stories as I think of them. Enjoy the pics! LOVE, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP