Saturday, January 19, 2008

I confess...

I confess. I'm doing steriods. Yep, I am currently taking steroids but I promise...I didn't know it! I thought they were just vitamins!!! : ) Here's what led me to take the 'roids.

Two days ago, I was cruising throughout life with a cold. Runny nose. Snot bubbles. That sort of thing. I've had it before so I really wasn't too shaken up about it. Well, two nights ago around 9pm, my Mommy and Daddy were downstairs on the couch and they heard this horrific barking noise coming from my room. They looked at each other in silence wondering what the heck it was. As they came charging upstairs, they were hoping whatever it was wouldn't wake me up. Turns out, it was me. I was hacking like an old man. I sounded like a seal when I coughed and when I cried, I sounded like I had laryngitis. Mommy scooped me up right from my crib and she and Daddy assessed the situation. Since I wouldn't stop screaming, I started to wheeze. It really scared them because I had to work pretty hard to breathe.

From that point on, we were up ALL night long on the phone with an on-call nurse and trying to calm me down. I slept for about 3 hours total (from 9pm to 8am), Daddy slept from about 3am to 5am and Mommy slept from 6am-8am. It was awful. They took turns rocking me in the bathroom with the steamy shower on, trying to calm me in my room, in their room, downstairs, WHEREVER! I just felt awful. Daddy even camped out in my room! It was our first sleepover but I didn't live up to my end of the fun. So, I slept a teeny bit in my crib, and then screamed a lot again. Mommy took me into their big bed and we watched whatever was on tv at 4am. I fell asleep (FINALLY) on their bed with Mommy holding on tight. She was afraid to sleep because she didn't want me to fall off the edge. I think she did doze for a bit though.

After that night of agony, I only napped once during the day. I was pretty crabby but okay. We went to the doctor and he said I have croup. Croup! Gross, huh! That's why I'm on steriods...so that my throat doesn't close up and so I can breathe better. Last night was tough too. Mommy and Daddy set up shifts...Mommy put me to bed at 7:15 as usual, but I woke up at 8:15 - screaming. Over an hour later, (still screaming), she put me in my coat and hat and we took a family drive with Daddy at the wheel. We drove for an hour and a half and I fell asleep halfway through.


I did end up sleeping from midnight until 2am. Daddy took great care of me and snuggled with me until I fell asleep again. Boy, was I angry for awhile! I woke up once more and fell right back asleep after Daddy patted me on my little butt. Then, I slept til 7am! Yeah!!!

Still don't feel sorry for me? Two of my molars are coming through and they hurt like crazy. They finally are partly through today so I hope it helps my mouth a bit.

I'm just miserable right now.

Take a look at this picture...I fell asleep when I was eating a morning snack. Mommy was about to give me another piece of cracker when she saw my head down against the tray. Awww, I'm pretty cute.



Okay, we need some rest. Gotta go now! Love, TJ-the-croup-man

2 comments:

Amie January 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Awwwwwww, you poor little sweetheart! Get better soon TJ- we can't wait to meet you here in Ohio!

Sending lots of love and prayers.

Love,
Jackson, Amie and Scott

Baby Boot Camp January 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Poor little TJ. And poor you guys! What a nightmare. We'll be saying some prayers for you.

Chrissie

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP