Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ooo! Ooo! Zoo! Zoo!

I went to the zoo yesterday! Mommy and I drove to Columbia around noon to meet up with Tenley. We picked her up and headed straight to the Riverbanks Zoo. Wow! I got to see everything from crocs to elephants and monkeys to zebras!

When we got there, I had to have my diaper changed since I drank a lot of water and milk on our drive down. Once I got all clean and dry, Mommy strapped me in the babyjogger and the three of us headed into the zoo. Mommy was nearly jumping out of excitement (except that her knee is still pretty sore! ow!) before we even got inside! She could not wait to see the look on my face when I got to see all the animals.

Our first stop was the bear exhibit. There was a huge, brown bear walking around and roaring. Mommy got me out of my stroller since I couldn't see anything from that low and carried me the rest of the day. As soon as I saw the bear, I pointed right at him. He was nice, and didn't point back. Pointing was kinda the theme of the day. I pointed at every single animal, plant, person, and thing I saw. Tenley thought it was so cute and funny. Mommy did too but she's pretty used to it. (The first thing I do when Mommy or Daddy walks in to get me out of bed in the morning is SMILE...and then point at the light/ceiling fan.) Anyhow, I digress...

After the bears, we hit the sea lions (they were hiding...boo) and then stinky elephants, giraffes and those kinds of cool animals. We spent most of our time at the monkeys. They were INSANE! There 4 four crazy monkeys swinging from tree to tree screaming and screeching at the top of their lungs! I was in awe of them and wanted to just stay as long as I could. I didn't smile or laugh, I just stared. And stared. Just like I'm staring at Tenley in the picture below!

We walked the entire zoo and then sat down for lunch by the Elephant Gift Shop. I ate my sandwich like a good little zoo-guy, and my applesauce and crackers. When we got back to the car, I was all smiles. I held my souvenir giraffe in both hands and laughed while I shook him up and down.

Mommy and Tenley did a little shopping afterwards and I was so good the whole time. By the time we got on the road, I was beat. I watched a little of Elmo in Grouchland and fell asleep in the car for the last 50 minutes. I got to stay up extra late when I got home cuz I was so good. And Daddy missed me...so we played a lot. Boy, did I sleep well last night!

Okay, gotta go play with my toys! love, TJ-the-zoo-lover!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP