Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wringing my hands...Pulling on my shorts

Yesterday was an especially great day...for no reason other than that I got to hang out with my Daddy a lot. I always get quality time with him, but tonight I needed him more than ever. Just before dinner, the storm we'd been waiting for starting moving in. And I mean FAST. We all watched from the window as the clouds blew by and the sky went from bright blue to black. Before it even thundered, I showed my "shark mouth" frown and started to cry. I was wringing my hands and pulling on my shorts - pathetically cute. I couldn't even eat my dinner! So, I clung like Curious George to my Daddy's neck and he went over to the couch where we snuggled up. Mommy put Elmo on TV and we all watched the movie for awhile. It was crazy with thunder and lightening and rain...and I'd cry out every once in awhile. But I never left my Daddy's chest. And I'll never forget it. Once things got under control, Mommy fed me my dinner on the couch. That was so much fun!!!

I've been saying a lot of cute things lately. In addition to all the other words I already know, Daddy taught me how to say clock ("cot" and sometimes "coc" ... hide your giggles, please) and I also say "doddi" for cracker, "col" for cold, "hoe" for hole, and "ezza" for elephant. But by far the greatest word I've ever said was said today for the first time. Mommy took me out for lunch to Cici's Pizza with my friends Sophie and Emily. She talked about pizza all morning and all the way to the restaurant so I was extra ready to say it out loud. Mommy asked, "What are we having for lunch, TJ?" And I belted out "PEEPA!"
I continued to yell PEEPA a few times and then whispered it some more. I've said it all day long and Mommy can't get enough of it. She'll be taping me saying it soon...so be looking for that video soon. In the meantime, take a look at me eating on a big boy chair (hooray for the Kaboost!) and playing with my Legos. When you watch the video, be sure to keep an eye on my expression just before the Legos break apart. Classic!!!
Love, TJ the PEEPA head

3 comments:

Unknown July 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

HA! I've watched this 5 times in my cube and laugh out loud each time i see your little eyebrows go up! so stinkin cute! you sure are concentrating!

Grammie July 10, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

Dear Peepa Head,

Don't worry! If anyone can help you through those thunderstorms, it's your mommy. She never liked them either and later she became a champion of thunderstorms. Your daddy probably never worried about them so he can help you alot too!

love, Grammie

tjsgrandma July 13, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Hi Sweetie,

When Grandma & Grandpa come to visit, Grandma wants to go to CiCi's for dinner! I always wanted to go there and have mac & cheese "peepa"!

Love,
Grandma

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP