Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pumping Iron

First of all, let me tell you how grown up I am. I'm saying more and more words each day and talking in my own language a ton too. Sometimes I go on and on so much that Mommy starts laughing. But it's a good laugh. I know she supports me in my TJ-speak. I am finally able to "meow" perfectly. It was one animal sound that I just never wanted to say. I'm able to pick out any animal from books or tv or magazines...but I never wanted to say "meow" when it came to making the sounds. But yesterday began my obsession with meowing. I love it. And I sound just like the commercial for Meow Mix. I wonder if Moo and Boo (my cousin kitties) will let me play and talk with them when we see them in a week.

I have also become a HUGE imitator of people. Male and female. Young and old. If you do it, I will do it. (This is both good and bad, my Mommy tells me.) I am excellent and cleaning up my messes and things like that...but I'm also good at yelling "no" in my chipmunk voice when I hear someone else say it (like some of the kids at Mommy's work). Guess I gotta learn what's good to imitate and what's not. But that's why I do it...so I can learn.


An example of my imitating is doing (drumroll please): the perfect push-up. See, my Mommy and Daddy like to do push-ups. My Daddy saw a silly ad for "the perfect push-up" and Mommy saw the gadget on sale at Linens-N-Things, so she bought it. They've been using it ever since. Today, they left it out on the steps and when Mommy was in the laundry room, she noticed it was a little too quiet in the living room. When she walked around the corner, she saw that I had taken the "perfect push-up gadgets" off the steps and I was actually doing push-ups. She howled and immediately grabbed the camera to catch me in the act. (The video was staged afterward). When she told Daddy, he laughed and said I had done that earlier for him too. Funny, huh!!!

Well, gotta get some sleep now.
Love, TJ-Iron-man

2 comments:

mrs boo radley August 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

TJ, I love reading your stories!

You are looking so grown-up lately. Especially in that first picture of you.

I don't know if I have ever introduced myself, but I am a friend of your Aunt Carolyn's friend Amanda.

Anonymous,  August 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

TJ, Mookie and Bookie would love it if you "meow-ed" at them, but you'll have to find them first ;) And I don't know if your Mom will be very much help, since she is allergic :( I'll help you! Can't wait to see you!!! L, Auntie Wee

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP