Friday, September 26, 2008

I Got Gas

Well, I don't know if you've heard, but we're in the middle of a gas crisis here in Charlotte, NC. Mommy waited 45 minutes for gas the other night after work and they capped her at $30. Well, she had to get some today and thought 9:45 would be a good time to go...we were on our way to the grocery store anyway. Well, Daddy suggested Mommy bring the DVD player for me and she agreed. We sat in line at the gas station for 2 HOURS AND 25 MINUTES to fill up. Can you believe that?

I was an absolute angel most of the time. I wore my Brown's jacket (it poured all day long...still is) and sat back in my comfy carseat while I watched Elmo's Happy Holidays twice in a row. I drank my whole cup of wa-wa in the first 4 minutes and got pretty mad that Mommy didn't have any reserves about an hour into our wait.

It was the most frustrating, mind-numbing event...but Mommy handled it pretty well. Not as well as I did though. I could explain it all further and tell you more details, but I'll just leave it at that for now. After we finally filled up, we parked in a spot and ran through the rain into the store. Mommy got me a cheeseburger and a sundae for being so good. I ate it ALL. She actually ate most of the fudge from my sundae. She said I didn't need all that sugar. Yeah, like she does? (I took that from one of Poppy's speeches.)

Ummm, oh yeah. Tonight I surprised Mommy by actually saying CHOO CHOO! Until today, I made more of a nasal sound to signify "choo choo". But now I really say it. I also said "Coke" and "George" (for Curious George) tonight too. I'm adding words like crazy these days. Shoot, Mommy and Daddy LOVE IT!

See you all tomorrow. I have a really good blog planned for Sunday!!! Love, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP