Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Beautiful Day...on the Inside!

This weekend was my Aunt Carey's BIG DAY! There is so much to say...where do I even start? We drove into town at the end of the week and I got to see my Grammie and Poppy and Grandma and Grandpa before any of the wedding festivities started! (I hope they all know that there is no way I can ever forget them...and I remember each fun thing we do together. I have the greatest grandparents and aunts and uncles in the whole wide world!!!)

Friday night was the start of the wedding fun. We went to Mapleside for an awesome rehearsal dinner. There was a concert on the hill and we all got to see the sun going down over the valley of apple trees. It was spectacular! Uncle Paul and Aunt Carey made everyone cry (especially Mommy) after dinner and I got to run around the room giggling and laughing. I played with my new dumbees and helicopter flashlight. I was really well-behaved and fell asleep on the drive home. Daddy took me home a bit early so Mommy could hang out with everyone. Thanks, Daddy!

We'd been keeping an eye on the weather for a week since the wedding was planned for outside. After the morning rehearsal, all the bridesmaids hung out at the Purdy household where there was a beautiful spread of food...and lots of hairdressing going on! It was a wild morning...with doggies everywhere and people and tears and love all swirled together. My Aunt Carey looked awfully gorgeous in her pre-wedding comfy outfit and her absolutely perfect hair.

When Aunt Carey, Grammie, Poppy, Uncle Ben, Mommy and all the other girls and boys got to the wedding site, they all got ready. Everyone was rushing around upstairs to slip Carey into her dress and get everything just perfect. And then...they waited. And waited. And waited for the clouds to part and the sun to come out. But it never did. The wedding was going to be outside and the flowers and planters were all set - and boy, did it look beautiful! But for some reason, the weather just would not cooperate. And once the rains started, it was looking like the ceremony would have to take place inside. Of course, Aunt Carey was so sad. But she took it so well! We tried one last time to make it happen outside, but then - guess what! TORNADO SIRENS started to go off! Yeah, on Aunt Carey's wedding day, there were tornado sirens going off and HAIL falling all over. Poor Aunt Carey.

But I can't even tell you how beautiful the wedding was and how perfect Aunt Carey and Uncle Paul looked and how much FUN everyone had at the wedding. I was on my absolute best behavior. Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me...and could not believe how great I did. When Mommy and I walked down the aisle, I stuck my face in her bouquet of flowers and smelled them. Oh my gosh, it was so cute! We didn't practice our walk at all because she wanted me to be spontaneous...and I sure was! At dinner, I sat and ate my food, and I gave lots of high 5s and kisses. I took great pictures and kept my jacket and tie on the whole time. Shoot, too bad I don't get an allowance. I think it would have been doubled this week.

Well, I will think of many more things to say...but for now, I need to sleep a little. There will be MORE pictures and MORE stories over the next few days. It's all been a bit of a whirlwind...and I've been kind of stressed. I love everybody!!!

Love, TJ The Ring-Bearer "Grrr"

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 25, 2008 at 7:49 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP