Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kate and Me

Mommy and I went to the park yesterday on a whim. We were playing in the backyard and it was just too nice not to be sliding down a slide! : )

So, we packed a quick snack and took off. Mommy thought I was such a grown-up little boy...and getting so big...until we got to the park. I was the littlest boy there! It was a reality check for my Mom. I ran around like a nut for awhile, then played with some little girls - and mostly just stared at them trying to figure out what they were doing in the "castle". They were paying invisible money for invisible food. I got bored with that real fast, so I played with a spider and a boy spitting water for awhile.

I've had two fun days in a row! My friend Kate came over this morning so her Mommy could get her hair cut. At first, she was a little shy, but she brought her Daddy's old collection of Smurf figures to play with. It was awesome! I lined them up on Mommy's hope chest right away.
We went outside and had a blast playing in the sunshine. I followed her around mostly. She told me "no no TJ" when I went by the air conditioner. Mommy was laughing so hard. Mostly because I actually listened to Kate better than I listen to my Mommy. She played with my bubble mower, and then wanted me to play with it. We played catch as well as a 23 month old and 17 month old can. We'll have to work on that!

We came in for lunch a little while later and ate a lot. Kate says animal names and sounds really well. I stared at her a lot...and tried to hold her hand once. She said "good boy TJ" and "hey buddy" a lot...I think she was repeating my Mommy's phrases.

Kate's Mommy came back and looked so glamorous. I was sad when they left, but we'll see each other soon. I went right down for my nap afterwards. I was soooo tired.
When I wake up, Mommy and I are going for a run in the park. I can't wait! But I can't forget my sunscreen! It's gonna be 78 degrees or higher all weekend and next week. HOORAY!

Love, TJ






p.s. In addition to kissing, I like to hug as well. Mostly my stuffed animals. Mommy said "hug Bananas, TJ!" and I did. (Anything for a photo op!)I put my whole head and neck into it. Pretty cute!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP