Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rapids and Swings

I bet that none of you have been to the US National Whitewater Center...and I HAVE! I win! I win! This weekend, my Mommy and Daddy and Grammie and Poppy went to the USNWC and had a great time. Daddy has been there before with my good friend Jason, and they went running on the trails. This time, we got to go along and we saw so many things! They have huge climbing walls, a ropes course, and it's the Olympic Training Center for Kayaking and WW Rafting. To see these guys ride down huge rapids in little kayaks was crazy. Mommy was petrified of me going to close to the edge with Daddy but he humored her and kept me more than safe. The water from the Catawba River feeds into this park, and just one of the six pumps can fill an Olympic-sized pool in less than 20 seconds. How crazy is that!

I also got to swing with my Daddy in the park. Again, silly Mommy was nervous but she "allowed" us to do it. She's really not as annoying as she seems. haha. I just loved it! I smiled and squealed and made all sorts of happy sounds when we went up and back.

More tomorrow! love, future-rafter-tj

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP