Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Be All That You Can Be

I am an Army crawler! For the past 5 days or so, I have been crawling all over the place! When my Grandma and Grandpa were here visiting, I started to do more than squiggle and squirm and roll to get places. NOW, I have graduated! I began by just using my arms to pull myself everywhere. But now I actually use my little leggies and my big feet to my advantage. I push off like crazy and I am rocket-fast. Mommy ran to the door to let Scooter in today, and I was right behind her...practically on her heels. By the time she turned around, I was slapping my greasy little hand against the glass door. Well, it didnt take long for her to get my play area out of the garage. I love it in here!!!

What I don't love...is being in the "daycare" at the Y. Here's the story. Mommy took me to the Y so that she could do a swim workout. But first, she had to drop me off at the daycare. I went to the nice lady without crying. When she sat me on the floor and put a toy in front of me, I just looked up at her like "um, now what do you want me to do?" Mommy watched through the glass window and I know it hurt her to do that to me...even though it's good for me. And for her. Anyhow...I sat there just looking around with my belly stickin' out. I was cute as could be. Pretty soon (2 long minutes later), I felt lonely. So, I began to frown a huge frown. No cry came out. No sound. Just a huge, fat, adorable frown and curled lower lip. Oh, Mommy struggled not to just run in and get me. But she held her ground. The pretty ladies saw me be sad, and they gave me a new toy and sat with me. This time, I had a xylophone to play with. (Did I spell that right?) I sat there with that xylophone in front of me and the dog bone-shaped thing to play it with in my hand for a good 3 minutes...staring at those ladies. Daring them to unfrown my face.

Well, Mommy took off down the hall and basically jumped right into the pool. She knew if she didn't take the opportunity, her window of time would be gone in a flash. 18 1/2 minutes later, Mommy was in the middle of an interval in the pool when a red-smocked lady walked onto the steamy pool deck carrying a dry erase board with the words "TJ's Mommy" written in large block letters. Swimming over to the side, my proud Mommy raised her arm from the water and said 'that's me!' The lady said that I was in need of her. And I was. I just couldn't take it anymore. But I was a very good boy for a little while.

My Mommy put her dry clothes over her soaked bathing suit and rescued me from the daycare. She took me into the family locker room and put my swimsuit on. Then, we marched right into that pool and had the best afternoon ever! I splashed in the water and was in up to my neck at one point! We had a great time in the big-people pool and I didn't even peepee in my diaper!

We're going to try the daycare again tomorrow. Wish me luck! love, tj the swimmer

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP