Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dave Matthews' Ants Marching...

(My Daddy will probably write about this in his blog, but I'm beatin' him to it!)

We had a great visit to Cleveland this past long weekend. However, we still had to drive the long way home to Charlotte. Personally, I'm not a fan of sitting in a carseat for long periods of time until my little butt goes numb. "They" say I won't remember it. “They've” been saying that about a lot of things lately...and I’m not sure I believe them anymore.

Like I was saying, we had a long drive home and we actually broke the 8-hour drive time record. It was brilliant. Brilliant! What we didn’t know was, we had a surprise welcome home party when we arrived! Mommy and Daddy walked in (Daddy with Scootie, and Mommy with me) and we were all dead tired. Daddy’s plan was to unload and clean the car…Mommy’s plan was to wash me up, feed me, let me crawl out my frustrations and put me to bed. Surprise!!! Instead, we were thrilled to see THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of ants marching throughout the kitchen, pantry and laundry room. Thankfully, they had only gotten into Scooter’s dog food and nothing else in the pantry yet, but it was a sight to see! Let me tell ya!

So picture this, Mommy held me in one arm (and yes, I was very squirmy wormy) and the vacuum hose in the other hand. She alternated between 3 holes the ants were pouring in from while Daddy ran to the store for every single ant killing thing they had. Daddy then spent the next zillion hours spraying, killing, scrubbing, sucking, pounding, trapping and cleaning the floors and ant holes. You know what? He didn’t even get mad or frustrated. He just saved our lives one ant at a time. What a man!!!

Know what though? Those ants allowed me to stay up until almost midnight. How cool is that!!! I love you, anties! Thank you for sacrificing your lives for me!
love, tj sleepy-pants

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 10, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP