Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Church Lady

Sunday turned into the perfect day for me! I fell asleep on the way to church and Daddy carried me in on his shoulder. I woke up when everyone started singing so Mommy and Daddy decided to have me try the nursery again. Mommy took me in, handed me over to "the grandpa from The Parent Trap" and signed me in. She told the man it was hit or miss with me and not to hesitate to page her. Throughout the service, Mommy and Daddy kept checking the pager to see if it had gone off and they just hadn't felt it vibrate. They started worrying that it wasn't working or something like that. But...it was just ME proving them WRONG!

When the closing song of church began, Mommy and Daddy darted to the nursery and looked in the door to see me sitting on the floor playing with a ball. Mommy said "we're here for TJ" and the lady said "i'm sorry, you can't have him back. we want to keep him!" The lady then told them that I didn't cry a tear or even frown. And that I really liked the big, red ball. When I looked up and saw Mommy and Daddy looking down at me, I started to whimper and crawled right over to them. They hugged me like they hadn't seen me in forever. Boy were they PROUD!

I took a great 3 hour nap when I got home (can you believe this?) and then got ready for another field trip. My Mom and Dad had their first small group meeting with people they hadn't even met before. Without giving you too long of a story, Mommy met another Mommy at church who she knew from a recruiting visit when she was looking at colleges. This other Mommy invited her into their small group and that's the recap on that. So, we drove to another part of Charlotte and met a bunch of other families with one little girl or guy each. Mommy and Daddy had a great time getting to know some new friends. I went into the playroom with the other little guys so that the other grown-ups could talk about church and God. Mommy came to get me when they were done with adult time, and the Mommy who was watching me said I didn't cry at all. She actually said that I was "all business" when I played with the toys. She told Mommy that I pounded on a kiddie table, and put some blocks in the holes and had this "all business" attitude the whole time. How silly! : ) I am so cute, and I know it.

Oh, my new favorite foods are turkey sticks, cooked carrot bites, and CHEESE! Mmmm.

I love everybody!!! love, tj-good-boy

1 comments:

tjsgrandma September 26, 2007 at 8:55 AM  

Hi TJ,

We were so glad to hear that you had some fun without Mommy & Daddy and that you didn't cry or fuss.

You are certainly growing up!

Just think of all the new friends you can meet and play with!

We can't believe that you're old enough to be eating all those different foods! Enjoy!

Love,
Grandma & Grandpa

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP