Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mommy's turn to write...

Something just "happens" to you when your baby is sick. Everything stops. Time stops. Your thoughts about what you need to accomplish that day stop. And you forget what time it is. What day it is. What season it is. It all happens in the exact moment when you hear a different cry and you know something is wrong.

This morning, TJ woke up at 5:30. That' pretty normal...only his cry was a different cry than it usually is. When he typically wakes up, he talks for awhile, he makes noises, plays with his books and a toy, and then stands up and shouts for us to come get him. But this morning, he cried. A painful cry. And when I went into his room, he was still lying down on his tummy. His arms were underneath him with his little butt in the air. His eyes were closed and he was moaning. When I talked to him and touched him, he didn't react. He just cried. I knew the moment he didn't look at me that something was wrong.

The hours that followed have been horrible for TJ. He won't eat, take a bottle or even swallow a sip of juice. Tim and I are completely consumed with his pain. He's winced and groaned and burned his way up to a 102+ degree fever. His little eyes are red and he's kept them shut nearly all day. His face is white with red blotches from his fever and probably crying. His little body is so limp...he just suctions his weak arms around Tim or me. I can't believe it's already 6:45. Today has flown by...though we haven't done a thing except try to console our little guy.

TJ has made me find another part of me that I didn't even know existed. A selfless part. A part that would do anything to make him feel better, or even understand that he won't feel sick forever. I would do anything. I guess it's at moments like these when you can smile for a split second, just knowing that you are a mother. Or a father. And there is a child on this earth who is yours...who you will love and protect completely and forever.
If you could, please just say a quick prayer for TJ. Our little family would appreciate it ever so much.




love, tj's mom

1 comments:

tjsgrandma September 30, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

Hi Sweetie,

It hurts me to know that you are sick and to see how miserable you are in these pictures (and Mommy & Daddy, too).

I did just talk to Daddy and he says that you are doing better today (Sunday), so hopefully the worst is over!

Love,
Grandma

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP