Friday, September 28, 2007

"TJ the Screaming Red-Head"

Today, Mommy took me to the Y again for the 5th day in a row. It's supposed to get me used to the child care center...and yet I've cried every day I've been there. My second day, I made it halfway through, but nevertheless, I became a screamer.

Well, today was no different. When Mommy dropped me off, I clung to her like a little monkey. The lady in the red smock had to pry me off of Mommy...and I started to cry. Mommy said 'i love you, tj' and then vanished. She's trying to make me tougher but it's really hard for her. (I must remind you that I am good in the church nursery and with my new Sunday night group)

As Mommy was coming to pick me up, she saw a lady down the hallway walking out of an emergency exit with a little red-head with a light blue shirt on. That's what I had on. Her Mommy instincts kicked in full force and without thinking, she took off down the hall. When she got to the lady, she saw the little boy's face and realized it wasn't me. So, she covered pretty well and said "let me get that for you" and held the door for the lady. Nice save, Mommy!

Mommy did the walk of shame and came back down the hallway to get me. She stood in the pick-up line and said "tj the screaming red-head, please". My face was blotchy and soaked with snot and tears. I practically jumped into her arms and smothered my face into her shirt. Then I gave her a kiss and she consoled me and had a talk with me. She told me that I was the most important little boy in the world to her and that she waited 28 years for me...and that she would never leave me. Ever. I have to remember that. I'll work on it.

By the time we got to the car, I was squealing and singing. I now say Mom-mom-mom sometimes...but mostly Dadadada.

I am so lovable! love, tj the screaming red-head

1 comments:

tjsgrandma September 28, 2007 at 6:55 PM  

TJ,

I love your blog! You always make Grandma laugh out loud!

Can't wait to hear the new words that you can say!

Love & Kisses,
Grandma

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP