Monday, October 1, 2007

Waiting in the ER

Hi! I'm in a very sad state right now. I still have a pretty decent fever, I can hardly eat or drink, and I've developed a very ugly rash with tiny blisters all over my legs, arms, hands and feet.

Mommy and Daddy took me to the ER last night because it had been two whole days of screams from me...and I wouldn't eat or drink. So, we went on a trip to the pediatric ER where the waiting room was all fishes and whales and polar bears and cool things on the ceiling. My Daddy is running a huge race next week, and yet he still sat in there with me amongst the toddler puking and the millions coughing and sneezing.

My doctors were very nice to me, except that they took my temperature "the old-fashioned way". I didn't appreciate that very much...but Mommy promised me popsicles so I already forgot about the discomfort. (Are any of you squirming in your seat right now?) : ) Anyway, I was such a good little boy. I let them stick things down my throat and feel my little body. It turns out that I have two giant ulcers on my tonsils and a disease called hand-foot-mouth disease. I'm on some new meds so HOPEFULLY I will feel better soon. I'm not out of the worst though, so your prayers are greatly desired.

All of this....because Mommy had to take me to the Y. I told her I didn't want to go there. Hmmm. I think she feels pretty darn guilty. But I still love her lots. I hope to have better news for you tomorrow!

Love, TJ Sicky-Pants

1 comments:

Grammie October 1, 2007 at 5:08 PM  

Hi TJ,

I feel so very sorry for you. Being sick is NO FUN !!!!

I'm glad that your mommy and daddy are taking such good care of you.

love you lots, Grammie

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP