Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Spooky!!!

On one of our walks today, my Mommy pointed out all the Halloween decorations covering people's houses and lawns. I was especially enamored with a skeleton strewn across a perfectly manicured lawn a few houses down from us. I said "ohhh! dadadada!" as I pointed at it. While my Daddy is very skinny, he isn't a total skeleton...so Mommy told me about Halloween traditions and such. Anyway, I digress. During our walk, she told me about monsters. The only monster she believed in (until today) was the sock monster. He's a little fat, white, lint-filled monster that eats socks. But not whole pairs of socks. Just one sock...from several pairs every few loads or so. However, tonight, she realized there is yet another type of monster. This monster is the measuring-cup-eating kind. As a little boy, I have a fondness for playing with measuring cups. Well, we're not sure where exactly they go after awhile. My Mommy is missing her 1/3 cup from all 3 sets of measuing cups she has. Hmmmm. Hence, the reason for believing in the measuring-cup monster. Spooky!!!

Last year at this time, I was inside my Mommy's tummy. Daddy reminded my Mom about this while he was carving "TJ" into a big pumpkin after dinner tonight. They reminisced about it while I was playing with Scooter and, well, measuring cups on the floor. I don't remember much about last year, except that I was snuggled tightly inside my Mom's pumpkin-like belly and had a few weeks to go before I saw the light.

It's hard for Mommy and Daddy to remember not knowing me. They kept saying that. And I guess I can't remember not knowing them either. Actually, I'm glad I don't remember not knowing them, because I really like it out here.

I love you fellow pumpkin-heads! Love, TJ

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP