Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friday Night Lights

Friday night was a late night for me! I got to go downtown Charlotte to watch my Mommy race again. The race didn't even start until 7pm, so instead of brushing my teeth and washing my face at that time...I was cheering for my Mommy!


We got downtown pretty early and I ate my dinner down there on a pretty patio on the street. Mommy stretched while Daddy fed me. I ate my PB&J like a little man...holding quarter sandwiches in my chubby little hands and smiling the whole time. I pointed out every airplane that went overhead and I was in awe of the skyscraper buildings! Daddy and I warmed up with Mommy and then she left us to get ready to race on her own. It was hard for her to separate herself from us...but she'll learn. At one point, Daddy looked at Mommy and said "it feels good to feel like this [nervous] again, doesn't it?" Mommy smiled and definitely agreed.

It had been a really hot day (mid-80s) and the humidity was 97% in the early afternoon. Yikes! Luckily, the humidity started to subside by the evening but the heat was still in full effect. The sun was definitely out at racetime too. Mommy squeezed her way into the crowd of 2,200 or so at the starting line, and suddenly forgot how to race. But when the gun went off, she started to remember again and ran 19:46. She and Daddy were very happy that she ran faster than last week on a tougher, hotter course. Now Mommy feels she's ready to really start training.

We didn't wait for awards or the "after-party" because it was so late and Mommy and Daddy didn't want to push it with me. I went right to sleep in my crib and didnt wake up in the night. FINALLY! It's been nearly 3 weeks since I slept through the night. We're not sure why. It's pretty frustrating. My Mommy has raced once in the past nearly 3 years or so...and now twice in 7 days! Woohoo! Thanks, God!

Do you like our picture in front of a fire engine? I do! VrrrmmmmVrmm!

Love, TJ

1 comments:

Baby Boot Camp May 14, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Hannah,
You are one tough mama! Way to go, that is an awesome time.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP