Saturday, May 3, 2008

Nothing Could Be Sweeter

This morning was a big morning in the Budic household. It was "race day" for Mommy after a very long time of comeback after comeback. After having me, she took a little while off of running for obvious reasons. I was a few months old when she started getting in some decent mileage. A week or two after her first race (just last summer), she got injured and tried for months to correct her knee injury on her own. Dr. Parker came to her rescue and Mommy had her 4th knee surgery at the end of this past December. Still having pain, Mommy started running regularly 2 months ago and, well, decided that today was the day to try out the ol' knee on a 5k road race course.

She swallowed her pride and set a goal of (gulp!) 23:00. For my Mommy, it was a big step to even let me write this down. But you know what? She knows Daddy and I love her no matter what so it's all just icing to her now.

Daddy and I warmed up with her through uptown Charlotte before the race. Then, we took off so that we could yell for her at the halfway point. The gun went off, and Mommy ran. When Daddy and I saw her at 1.5 miles in, she smiled at us and blew me a kiss. I caught it in my ear (like always) and I yelled for her...and all the people after her too. She finished the race in a distant 2nd place for the women in 20:16. Wow. That was much faster than she expected and she and Daddy were so excited. She's got a long way to go to get back to where she wants to be, but this morning was great! We had so much fun.

The best part was that I got to eat strawberries from Edible Arrangements before the awards were given out. I love those things...mmmm. But they're messy. You should see my shirt! It will now be my play-in-the-dirt shirt.

Well, I guess that's it! Talk to you all later! Love, TJ

4 comments:

Grammie May 3, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

WAY TO GO HANNAH!!!!

I knew you could do it!

Dr. Parker will be so proud of you.

Amie May 4, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Congratulations Hannah!! We are so proud of you- this was amazing!

Lots os love,
Amie and Jackson -oh, and Scott too :)

Anonymous,  May 4, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Yea for Hannah! Good to be back, I'm sure.

With love,

Heath Ledger

Baby Boot Camp May 11, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

Oh my gosh... Hannah, you are AMAZING!!!! Wow, wow, wow. What a great time. That is absolutely fantastic. You rock. Seriously, I am so proud of you.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP