Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mr. O

When my Uncle Ben was a little boy, he used to call the ocean "Mr. O". I am going to pick up where he left off because I think it's a cool name. This brings me to my blog topic...which is VACATION!
I have been on vacation for the past few days on Pawley's Island. It was a long drive from Charlotte, but worth the drive. I have been to the beach each day since Sunday. Now, this is not the first time I've seen Mr. O ... but when Mommy put my feet in the water on Sunday, I freaked out a little. She scooped me right up and stood there with me for awhile. She tried again a few minutes later and I realized that I LOVE IT! I squealed and squealed and shook my arms and fists. Ooooooooooooooooooo is what I actually said. I jumped and jumped and kicked my feet like a crazy man. Ooooooooooooooooooo! I liked the feeling of the sand on my little toes and I liked it when I got splashed on my legs. When the waves would first come at me, I'd pick UP my legs until they passed, and then I'd stick my legs down and jump until it went back out to sea.

Getting down to the beach was a big chore in itself. We had so much to carry! WOW! Mommy, Daddy, Tenley and Jason took turns lugging the stroller, cooler, umbrella, diaper bag, toys, blankets, towels, body boards (for Daddy and sun-burned Jason) and other stuff down the steps to the soft, warm sand. Before I was allowed out in the sun at all, Mommy slathered SPF 50 all over my entire fat, little body. 3 times over, actually. I guess since I have red hair, she worries about me even more. I wore my hat the whole time like a good boy. But lately, I've been taking off my sunglasses to eat them. For awhile, I would sit in my stroller under the umbrella and just stare at the water. I would just STARE at it and if someone stood in between me and Mr. O, I would move my head and look around them. All I needed to do was whimper and I'd be allowed out to wade in the water.
Sand doesn't come off my delicate skin very easily. I got a bath after each day at the beach and I still have grains of sand stuck to my piggies...which I put in my mouth constantly. I even have teeny bite marks on my feet. My little teeth pack quite a punch!
Well, I am going home tomorrow so I will be writing more regularly from now on. I'll post some sweet pictures of the beach tomorrow, so get ready! I have to end this now because the second half of the Cavs game is starting...I have a hard time concentrating!!!
The Burger King commercial guy creeps me out! love, tj

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP