Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I LAUGH when you tickle my armpits!

I had a very traumatic day today...Mommy decided that today was the day I would try out the kids area at the YMCA. We went to sign up for swimming lessons a few days ago and it was too late to sign up . So, she's going to teach me herself! (She used to do that for other kids when she was younger, so now she can teach ME! Yippee! I digress...)

Because I didn't have the right diaper pants to go swimming, she decided that I should try out the kids area. She inspected it and it was everything she had hoped for. Sweet ladies with extra-sweet accents, loving hearts, experienced backgrounds, and CLEAN CLEAN facilities. We signed in at about 13 different places and I got a few nametags and ID tags. Mommy took me to the Shrimp play area (I don't like being called a shrimp, but I'll get to be a Guppy pretty soon) and put me in a saucer. JUST like the one we have at home. She found a nice lady and tons of toys for me to play with. I just stared. Looked around. Stared. Got a bit ridgid. Then I shut my eyes really tight and let out a howl that any dog would find offensive! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Mommy kissed me on the head and the nose, and said "good luck" to the ladies. She couldn't look at me as she turned to walk out the door.


But did she even work out? Not a chance. She stood at the window and watched me as I sobbed and cried and screamed and sighed over and over again. 2 mintues went by. 3 1/2 minutes went by. 8 minutes went by...and she jumped right back in line to pick me up. My face was blotchy and red, eyes swollen, tears all over my face and t-shirt made me look a mess. I didn't look at Mommy right away. I was mad at her. Very mad. But then, once she was holding me, I gripped her skin for dear life and rubbed my sad little snot-coated face into her arm and sighed about 12 sighs of relief. We walked straight out the YMCA doors into the 95 degree parking lot and not once did Mommy get mad at me for making her miss yet another workout. Nope. She said she loved me and kissed me 2 dozen times. Then she said "we'll just try it again tomorrow." Maybe I'll get used to it after a few days. I'll try. I promise.


That's all I got today, folks! love, tj the great

1 comments:

Grammie June 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

Hey little man,

I love that grin on your face!

Sorry you didn't like the Shrimp play area. But you are such a smart guy that you knew you weren't at home. Maybe next time. You've got lots of time to get used to that fun place. And you'll meet new friends too.

love you, Grammie

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP