Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Art of Sleeping

I believe sleeping to be one of my greatest talents these days. Through the years...okay, months, I've mastered the art of sleeping. My habits have been changing (for the better, Momma says) and I thought I'd walk you through my steps of mastering the act.

Here, I am a new beginner at sleeping. I didn't sleep much when I was in my Mommy's big fat belly. I mostly kicked around and turned A LOT, making it hard for my Mom to do much of anything without her whole tummy changing shape because of me. So, when I came into the world, it was a shock.

When I was a teenie baby, my Mom and Dad had a hard time figuring out my sleep pattern. They soon figured out that if my arms were up over my head, that meant I was really "out" and would be sleeping for awhile. Mommy will never forget that.









Sometimes you need a partner to sleep best. For me, my Daddy is a great sleepin' buddy...as shown. Mommy loves this one-it's her two favorite dudes takin' a nap. Other times, you need to have your mouth open. It's more relaxing even if it is a tad bit embarrassing.









The "tongue out" method of sleep is even more relaxing than the mouth open method, but sometimes, you just need to put your head down on your desk or, in my case, saucer and float right off to sleep. Keep in mind, this may leave a funny mark on your forehead.









Lately, I've been excellent at keeping myself from sleeping. I rub my eyes and crinkle my nose and kick my legs to tell my Mommy I'm tired...and keep myself asleep. Just a few minutes ago, I was so sleepy that my eyes were rolling back in my head (which Mommy hates because it looks scary)...but I kept on rubbing my face with the back of my chubby little hand to stay awake. I slap my knees and try my hardest to stay up at times...but I always lose that battle. Snuggling with my Mommy or Daddy and suckin' on a bottle does me in. Besides, with a pal like Benjamin Bunny, sleeping is a nice end to my happy days. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Go Cavs! Go LeBron!
love, tj

1 comments:

TenMD May 24, 2007 at 3:02 PM  

So TJ...I think you and I share a favorite hobby. You'll have to teach me your secrets because I'm having a hard time finding opportunities to sleep :) MISS YA!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP