Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Overalls, overall.

I have to admit, I thought I made it through my last appointment to see the Doc in the clear. Wrong. Last week I went in for a skin rash and it's all gone. Today, I had to go back for my 6-month check up...and 2 shots. Now, my Mommy wanted to slap that nurse up side the head when she jabbed my pudgy thigh with those needles but she held herself under control. I, on the other hand, let her have it. I kicked the nurse right in the forearm after she "shot" me and the needle cap went flying. Then, I screamed at the top of my lungs for a minute. My Mommy picked me up and I just sobbed a sad little sob. Okay, a sad BIG sob. I had cried so hard that I kept sighing to catch my breath and my Mommy just wanted to die. I think it was harder for her than for me.

When I got home, Daddy picked me up and I just snuggled right into his armpit with my whole fist in my mouth. Then Mommy changed me, washed my face, and gave me a bottle. I fell asleep in no time. I've been pretty crabby ever since, but can you really blame me?

I got to see my Grandma's and Grandpa's again this weekend! We finally sold our house in Cleveland and my Mom and Dad had to do a bunch of stuff to close on the house. So...I got to see Cleveland again. It was so much fun. I went for walks and played with toys and had new people to hold me all day long. Vader got "friendly" with my diaper bag and Scooter peed on the new carpeting. I saw two doggies get in trouble!!! I even saw my Great Grandpa a few times. He still knows my name and tells me I'm so cute. Over and over! : ) I got to see friends at a cookout too. I was pretty good there and even got to hold a baseball bat BY MYSELF! I'm a strong little kid.

Just in case you were interested in my teeth, I now have TWO (count 'em) TWO teeth in my mouth. I play with those guys all day long with my tongue and make silly noises. I was in the Jumperoo today, and started to get sad again. So, my Mommy was jumping and dancing in front of my like a weirdo. I laughed. Then I cried again. She tried to get me to say "Dada" or "Mama" or "Doggie". But I just felt like crying. Then, she said "Can you say, Peepee?" and I laughed. PEEPEE! She said laughing. So I laughed again. But that was it. I think she was afraid of me actually saying "peepee" as my first word. Wouldn't that be cruel if it was my first word? How embarrassing. I already know what I'm going to say first...but I'm not telling. It's a secret.

I love my overalls! I have lots of them and I just love 'em because it's like I have a built-in toy attached to the front of me! All I have to do is look down and chew right on the top of the overalls. PERFECT! Ingenius!

Until my adventures tomorrow...
TJ

1 comments:

Grammie May 22, 2007 at 8:16 PM  

Awwwww TJ, I'm so sorry the bad ole nurse hurt you today. But it really does keep you from getting sick as you grow older and meet more germs.

I think you need a "prize" for having such a brave attitude. Your mommy used to get to pick out her very own box of cereal when she went to the doctor. Maybe you should do the same. (although your choices are a bit limited yet....rice cereal or rice cereal).

I love you tons, Grammie

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP