Friday, November 16, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to meeeeee!

I woke up at 5:12 am because I was so excited! (But mostly because I had peed through my jammies.) Mommy came and got me and sang "Happy Birthday" to me while she changed me and my bed sheets. We went downstairs and did our usual morning bottle thing, and then played with my toys. Daddy went running before work and he sang the Birthday Song to me twice before he left. He said he's gonna sing the Birthday Song to me using each of my nicknames. Wow....it's gonna take him all day long to do that!


Anyhow, my cake party was planned for after lunchtime so Mommy and I did fun things and errands until that time came. I ate grilled cheese and squash for lunch (my favorites) and then they brought out the CAKE! My eyes got really wide when I saw the lit candle. I didn't know how to blow it out so my Daddy and Mommy did it for me. Then, they set the cake in front of me and just watched me with big, goofy smiles on their faces. At first, I was pretty shy about this round, white, sugary thing in front of me. I stuck one finger in it. And tasted the icing. Then I patted it with my hand, and some of the icing stuck to my hand. It went DIRECTLY into my mouth. And ohhhh, it tasted good. I ate more and more little bites of it and then WHACK! I dug into the chocolate cake part. I dug in and had some fun UNTIL...my hands were covered. I felt trapped! What could I do? My hands were suffocating in icing! All I could think to do was cry because I don't know how to say, "GET THIS STUFF OFF OF ME!" in English.

Wahhhhhh! I just cried with white icing and chocolate cake all over my face and hands. I don't really think I ate very much, but it was fun while it lasted. I think I'm glad that I don't get another whole cake until my 2nd birthday. Maybe I'll be more mature then and enjoy it more. Like with a fork or a spoon! : )
Bathtime was fun after that. There were lots of chocolate floaties in the water. Cake floaties, not poop, people! Now, I am napping. It was a pretty traumatic morning for me. I'll post pictures and tell you about opening presents later.
Love, TJ

4 comments:

Unknown November 16, 2007 at 4:32 PM  

Hi TJ.
Happy 1st Birthday!
Wish I was there to share in the celebration.
Enjoy your day!
Love,
Auntie Marcia

Unknown November 16, 2007 at 4:33 PM  

Hi TJ.
Happy 1st Birthday!
I wish I was there to share in your birthday celebration.
For one moment, you looked as if you were enjoying yourself.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Auntie Marcia

Amie November 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

Happy Birthday TJ! I love the pictures and your wonderful story! I can't wait to finally meet you in person at Christmas!

xo,
Amie Kanengeiser

tjsgrandma November 17, 2007 at 5:41 PM  

Hi TJ,

Happy 1st Birthday!
Grandpa & I wished we could have been there! It looks like you had a lot of fun. You're birthday cake looked very special. Glad you enjoyed eating it.

Lots of Love, Hugs & Kisses to you!!!

Love,
Grandma

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP