Monday, November 26, 2007

My Old Lady

Mommy got the wind taken out of her sails today. You see, since she takes care of me all day, her wardrobe has drastically changed from "working woman professional" to "mommy day care frumpy". She wears sweatshirts and jeans and flip-flops all day long. Well, after some encouragement from Daddy, she got all dressed up for shopping at the mall. She had a corduroy skirt on with brown heels, a new top, and a neat coat from her working days. She thought she looked decent and Daddy did too. So, we waved good-bye to my Dad and proceeded to drive to the mall.

We had a great time looking at the HUGE Christmas trees in the mall, the lights all over the place and tons of red SALE signs in the windows of all the stores. We even went by Tiffany's and looked the the jewelry. It was tons of fun. Well, our final stop was a store called Delia's. Mommy wanted to look at winter hats there but after trying it on, she decided to pass it up for a pair of cute, black patterned tights instead. Before checking out, an employee told her that all tights and knee-high socks were buy two get one free. She showed my Mommy and me the cute items and Mommy asked what she could wear those socks and tights with. The girl described some outfits - none of which fit Mommy's "new" wardrobe. Then, the girl ended her sentence with "and they'll still be age appropriate". AGE APPROPRIATE? Mommy caught her breath and said "no thank-you, just these tights will be fine". Then we left. Mommy sighed as she wheeled my little stroller out to the main mall and whispered to me: AGE APPROPRIATE??? What was that supposed to mean? Being a boy of very few words, I said "goooon"? And Mommy laughed.

I think I called my Mommy a goon at the very worst time possible, but she loved it. I don't think she's a goon. And I don't think I'll be practicing "old lady" anytime soon. "Mama" fits better for now.

Love, TJ

1 comments:

Aaron Riedl November 26, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

If you are a 100% boy with trucks and such, then why does it sound funny when you say stuff like, "a pair of cute, black patterned tights?" :-) hehe

And I think "goooon" means, "I love you, Mommy!"

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP